Saturday, April 16, 2011

Optimal Optimism: Addendum

I forgot to add one thing.

Although I'm not able to take Bella for long walks, I still try to take her for out for about 30 minutes a day, if I'm able.  This is good for her, and it's good for me - studies have shown that just getting outside for a few minutes can boost emotional health.  Today I walked her slowly up the street from my apartment, letting her sniff and explore.  It was the kind of day I love: early spring, comfortably cool, a slight breeze picking up the scent of blooming flowers.  The trees carried pink and white blossoms, the grass is greening, and I can feel spring and summer coming close, carrying all the things I love, like camping, biking, mountain adventures, and good times with friends.  It was a great pick-me-up, and I'm glad I walked slowly and let my senses take it all in, instead of pushing myself to walk fast and keep my heartrate up.  Sometimes it's nice to just walk, and really enjoy it, instead of worrying about what kind of cardio workout I'm getting.

No comments:

Post a Comment