Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Good day

I still spent all day in my pajamas and didn't do much, but today was a really good day.

I felt good. I didn't have any pain.  I was alert and talkative and generally felt like myself, only touched with a little bit of tiredness.  Best of all, the surgeon told me yesterday that I could start working normal foods into my diet again, so I had cereal for breakfast and tasty French bread sandwiches for dinner.

Do you have any idea how long it's been since I've eaten cereal? This feels like a freaking epic victory!

It's all about those little things that make one start to feel like herself again.  Tomorrow, Matt's coming home early, and I'm really hoping to start walking or perhaps even a bike ride.  I also want to try some of the yoga exercises sent to me by the awesome @eowynridesagain.

I still need a lot of sleep and tire pretty easily, but I'm not going to let that overshadow how good I felt today.

No comments:

Post a Comment