Thursday, February 24, 2011

Character: Courtney Strayweather

Structure is key. Structure of mind, structure of body. Together they can make you strong. Strong enough to keep fighting. Strong enough to send the Evils running for another day.

After years I learned this, but too late. Too late for the one that counted on me. Jeremy. He had fought back the Evil’s for years. I trained him, but let him be a boy too. My mistake.

He became the Beast. He’s now a part of the darkness that threatens everyone. There’s no Jeremy left, only the Beast seeking its next victim.

I thought I was done with all this. Packing up, telling the fight to go screw itself. But my “retirement” didn’t last long.

Jessica came out to a last lecture I was giving. Basics, not that anyone cared about the basics anymore. But she did. She was so full of knowledge, but was seeking more. Becoming strong. Caring. Smiling back the darkness that threatened everything she was. She was a light.

But a fragile light.

That’s where I came in. Together we spoke for hours as I learned of her fight. How many battles she had won single-handedly already. It was amazing. She was amazing.

She wanted more. More fight, more tools, more structure. She was the one. The one that could beat it all. I could see it in her eyes, her mind and her soul.

Together I will teach her all that I know, and most importantly, work night and day to provide the structure that destroys the path of the Beast within.

I am Courtney Strayweather. I will not fail this one. She will make the difference.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, this made me sniffle a little (in a good way.) You're such an awesome friend and ally. <3

    ReplyDelete